Choosing The Right Modern Window Treatments
Modern window treatments are not about having the trendiest house on the block. Modern window treatments are a way of reflecting the delicate balance of beauty, functionality, and simplicity. If you’re tired of the drab neutral colors of your current interior design, creating a more comfortable and inviting environment can begin easily with changing your drapes and shades. The growing trend in modern window treatments is simplicity. Elaborate decorative fabric with running patterns are out in favor of simple, flat and vibrant panel curtain and drapes. However, there are a number of other subtle factors such as how modern window treatments are hung that evokes the minimalistic sense.
How Modern Window Treatments Are Hung
Modern window treatments favor simple and exposed decorative rods over elaborate layers and valances. Many of the most popular modern window treatments such as roller shades, roman shades, solar shades, and plantation shutters are mounted to the inside of the window frame so that there are no brackets, rods, or hangers visible. This creates a simple seamless transition from wall to window keeping walls flat and one dimensional. Modern curtains are hung using one of two ways:
- Tap Top - Using a slim piece of fabric to create a small “loop” for the curtain rod to slide through, modern window treatments favor exposure of simple design over hiding the curtain rod. This allows you to use modern curtain rods such as chrome, stainless steel, or even those which are brightly colored.
- Eyelet Curtains – One of the bestselling type of modern curtain uses eyelets or grommets to hand the curtain from the rod. Very similar to the tab top design with a slight variation, allowing you to evenly space the folds of the curtain.
Click Here For The Latest Selection Of Modern Window Treatments
The Most Popular Modern Window Treatments
There are a seemingly infinite number of modern window treatments available with the reach of Internet e-commerce. However, most people will find that one of three most popular types of window treatments will best suit their home, and add the flare and excitment they are looking for.
- Roller Shades - Although you may remember them as cheap or temporary vinyl shades that you used in your college dorm room, roller shades are making a comeback as elegant and modern window treatments. Made with the highest quality materials modern roller shades are available in opaque shades or with translucent materials called solar shades. Solar shades are a great way to ensure privacy at night, but still allow natural sunlight to bathe the room during the day.
- Modern Curtains - Modern curtains maintain the minimalistic nature of modern design with simple fabric cuts. However rather than dark or neutral earth tones, they use bright and vibrant colors. Or, they may contrast darker colors with vibrant colors such as teal and brown.
- Roman Shades – The design of roman shades have always been popular, however with the modern designers taking a minimalistic approach the simplistic operation and installation of roman shades make them one of the most popular modern window treatments today.